Just like the web browser on personal computers, the browser on android phones also records the user’s browsing history. This makes it easy for the user to access sites that they recently visited. Also, browsing history helps web pages to load faster.
Although, storing browsing history has these benefits, the main setback of storing browsing history is that it compromises your privacy. To clear your android history, this is how you go about it.
- Launch your android web browser and click on the phone’s ‘menu’ button.
- On the list that will pop-up, tap on ‘more’ button and scroll down and tap on ‘privacy settings’.
- When ‘privacy settings’ opens, click on ‘clear history’ and tap ‘OK’ to confirm that you want to clear the history. By doing this, you will have successfully cleared your android history.
- Other than this way, you can also delete the history using the browser’s shortcut. This way, you need to open your web browser and then push and hold the ‘back’ button on your phone for about 2 seconds.
- A history shortcut menu will appear. Click on the menu. This will open all your browsing history.
- To delete an individual history, tap and hold the item in the web history. When you hold the item for 2 seconds, a menu will pop-out. Scroll down and Tap on ‘remove from history’.
- If you want to delete the entire history, tap on ‘menu’ then on ‘clear history’.
- If you have synced your android phone to your Google account, your android history maybe visible in your Google account. To delete the history, sign in to your Google account and click on the ‘gear’ icon.
- Click on ‘web history’ then on ‘remove all history’.
If you don’t want Google to store any of your future browsing history, click on ‘pause’.