When you visit a website using any web browser, be it Mozilla Firefox, safari, internet explorer, or apple, all the information about sites that you have visited is stored in your browser. Visiting Wikipedia is no different. Small files called ‘cookies’ is where Wikipedia history is stored. If you don’t want to retain the history, you can easily delete it by going through the following steps.
If you are using a Mozilla Firefox browser, to delete the history, you need to follow the following steps:
- Launch the browser and select ‘tools’. When the menu comes up, click on ‘clear recent history’.
- Click on the ‘details’ button and select the history that you would like to delete. Since you are interested in deleting Wikipedia history, check Wikipedia and uncheck everything else.
- After you have done this, click on ‘clear now’. To confirm that the history has been deleted, click on ‘details’ button.
On the other hand, if you are using internet explorer browser, you need to follow the following steps.
- Launch the browser
- Click on ‘tools’ and then select ‘internet options’.
- On the ‘browsing history’ click on ‘delete’. Clicking ‘delete’ button will open ‘delete browsing history’ window. Click on the window.
- When the window opens, you will see all the sites that you have visited before. Check Wikipedia history and uncheck everything else that you don’t want to delete.
- After you have checked on Wikipedia, click on ‘delete’. A pop-up prompt will come up. Confirm the prompt by clicking ‘OK’.