1. To use Google Maps in a Grid Application, first we will need create a new field on the Grid to display the map.
2. Select Google Maps type of field.
3. Then we must edit the field settings.
4. We have 3 ways to use a Google Maps field: Geocode, Latitude and Longitude and URL. A way must be selected on Home option.
GeoCode – Indicates which fields of the Grid provide address.Will be transformed into geographic coordinates for its location on the map.
URL – Defines the field of application that contains the url of the location.
Latitude – Sets the field that contains the latitude of the location.
Longitude – Sets the field that contains the longitude of the location.
5. In that case we will use Geocode and select Country, City and Address fields to get the location.
6. Select to display it in the Grid.
7. Then place your API Key on the field
Note: The API Key is a unique key composed of a string (text) alphanumeric, which is nothing more than the license to use this service. When you register to use the service, the key is tied to a domain and a directory on the server. All pages that are using the API must be below the directory that was used in this register.
If you have a web server on your machine, you just get a key for local tests, and that’s just put http://localhost in the field of the field during registration.
To get your API Key is just to enter the site:
Inform the domain wich will receive the API:
You will receive the Key to this domain:
Learn more about this and other features that Scripcase offers. Do you already know Scriptcase? Download the free version of our tool and discover a world of new possibilities.
To learn more about different fields on Scriptcase do not miss our webinar about “Google Maps on Scriptcase” this Friday (23/05/2014 ), on the webinar you can interact directly with the presenter and take all your questions. REGISTER NOW