SQL Server is one of the leading databases of market, thanks to the strenght of the name of its sponsor, Microsoft. For this reason, there are various applications, especially WEB, that use it. The database performance and quality are important differences that make it the first option of choice in many environments.
Being developed by Microsoft, SQL Server is fully optimized for the Windows environment, and because of this, it is able to achieve higher levels of processing on servers that have Windows as operating system.
As PHP is multi-platform, it is not difficult to find projects in which it is used together with SQL Server – by the way, these two allied technologies add much value to the project, providing important advantages as:
- The speed in processing information by both the application server and the database;
- The safety, quality and data integrity, guaranteed by the SQL Server itself;
- High application performance, considering that SQL Server is fully optimized for Windows environments;
- The multi-platform PHP feature that allows it to be used in Windows environments is reflected directly on the performance of the application and the database if the case of SQL Server;
- The possibility of having Microsoft support, currently one of the largest leading companies in the segment.
The number of features that SQL Server provides in its versions is another differential, check out some of them following:
- Basic OLTP
- Programmability (T-SQL, Data Types, FileTable)
- Manageability (SQL Server Management Studio, Policy-based Management)
- Basic High Availability
- Basic Corporate BI (Reporting, Analytics, Multidimensional Semantic Model, Data Mining)
- Basic Data Integration (Built-in Data Connectors, Designer Transforms)
- Self-Service Business Intelligence (Alerting, Power View, PowerPivot for SharePoint Server)
- Advanced Corporate BI (Tabular BI Semantic Model, Advanced Analytics and Reporting, VertiPaq™ In-Memory Engine, Advanced Data Mining)
- Enterprise Data Management (Data Quality Services, Master Data Services)
- Advanced Data Integration (Fuzzy Grouping and Lookup, Change Data Capture)
- Advanced Security (SQL Server Audit, Transparent Data Encryption)
- Data Warehousing (ColumnStore Index, Compression, Partitioning)
- Advanced High Availability (Multiple, Active Secondaries; Multi-site, Geo-Clustering)
If dealing with the use of SQL Server with Scriptcase, the connection feature with the database aims to facilitate the maximum possible implementation by the developer. Adding a new connection to the project by entering the authentication information (username and password from the database) through a simple configurator, the connection is easily accomplished with the SQL Server database application and, therefore, you can quickly start developping registration screens, queries and reports.
PHP SQL Server
SQL Server is one of the most respected databases in the market. There are many applications using it, including web applications, due for its performance and quality. Developed by Microsoft, SQL Server ends up being fully optimized for Windows environments and it gets higher levels of processing on servers that have Windows installed.
As PHP is multi-platform, it is not difficult to find projects that use it with SQL Server, by the way these two technologies combined aggregate high value to the project as they have some benefits like: The speed to process information on the application server and on the database server. The safety, quality and integrity of data that SQL Server can guarantee and etc.
But when you are developing a project, is essential to have a tool that can assist you. With Scriptcase you can easily connect to SQL Server database, all you need to inform to connect to the SQL Server is:
- Connection Name: It will help you identify the connection among the others.
- DBMS Driver: it Will show a list with all drivers available.
- Server/Host(Name or IP): The physical address from the database, it may be local on your machine, on your local network or remote in the cloud.
- Port: The port that you want to use to connect to your database.
- Username: Username for the user from the database.
- Password: The password from the previous selected username.
Once you connect Scriptcase with your database, it will read your tables and create applications based on the desired tables. Scriptcase will identify all special characteristics from your table, such as primary keys, foreign key, auto-increments, among others, and will show that at the application level. All the CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) actions will be managed by the Scriptcase. On forms and reports all the navigation, searches and filters (Static or Dynamic) will be also handled by Scriptcase automatically.
Scriptcase support stored procedures and all SQL statements (joins, order by, group by, among others) of SQL Server, why lose time when you have Scriptcase to help you out?! Download it now and test it free for 20 days!