The database is without a doubt , one of the most important parts within an application, as it is responsible for storing important data of the application it becomes one of the most targeted items by hackers and crackers. Therefore, various measures are taken to guarantee and ensure the safety of data on them.
Among the key aspects of security in the database are:
- Access control: Referring to all sorts of restrictions to creating user accounts.
- Control of inference: Widely used in static databases, serves mainly to ensure data security of individuals allowing only data recovery by weight;
- Flow Control: Controls the flow of information strictly analyzing objects and which channels are used to validate them and monitor them;
- Data Encryption: This is one of the most common measures used to protect data from unauthorized access;
- Security domain: Determines what actions will be allowed to users.
Most aspects evaluated by data security concern to users and actions that each can perform. The changing passwords frequently, the correct configuration for user and group permissions and data encryption are some of these actions. The range of items to be evaluated is very large, so it is important to rely on some kind of political or documentation to validate each point as a sort of checklist, only with these actions is possible to guarantee the security of data and thus deliver an application quality.